As software product firms get ready for future development and extension, they face difficulties like consistent advancement, product portfolio support, innovative technology advancement, value management and shorter product improvement lifecycles. Today, saving money is the primary motivation for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) seeking offshore outsourcing vendor relationships. Some companies, not satisfied with potential savings of 20% to 40%, seek greater savings by opening their own offshore product development and maintenance centres. This practice is particularly prevalent in the high-tech sector, where companies may already have offshore R&D centres, and in the financial services sector, where companies are looking to reduce costs and/or better secure their internal systems. Unfortunately, the management investment and overhead costs associated with opening a high-quality offshore product development centre that is intended to support an enterprise IT organization rarely justifies the payoff. Companies that are interested in opening their own offshore development centres should weigh the risks and benefits carefully and realistically before they embark on this major and, in most cases, unnecessary step. Meteorite leverages upon wealth of experience in building and maintaining commercial software products and application platforms for global ISVs. We offer ISVs the benefits of outsourcing, while minimizing the “hidden” costs sometimes involved in outsourcing, such as the cost of managing the work or ensuring quality.
At Meteorite we influence our rich innovation and space skill to provide all the desired benefits that ISVs seek including reduced cycle times, enhancing time-to-market abilities, superior quality and rapid resource ramp up/down at decreased expenses. We offer our clients:
- Local and offshore development centers, with expert teams staffed across centers
- Excellence in project management, with local account and project managers providing day-to-day client contact
- Enhancing time-to-market abilities
- Concept development and evaluation of product
- Proven processes based on experience in helping software providers and enterprise clients effectively outsource software services
- Expertise in leading & emerging technologies as well as agile-based development methodologies
Meteorite offers product services under its proprietary methodology called ProCoDe (Product Co-Development). The differentiating factor of our product services is the emphasis on collaboration among clients and Meteorite. Through this approach, Meteorite not only offers the traditional benefits of offshoring product services but also provides the features of a captive center including total control over operations, high degree of transparency and complete protection of IP.
Meteorite’s ProCoDe services range from product application design and application development, product quality assurance and testing, to product maintenance and support. We offer ISVs both point solutions as well as turnkey solutions, such as comprehensive user support services. We have an established process for companies seeking to establish a dedicated Offshore Development Center, allowing them to begin with project-based engagements and progress over time to managed operations in a joint venture or other structure designed to suit their needs. Taking a product from concept to reality is a complex and arduous process. Meteorite assists ISVs in this respect by tailoring product services that best fit our clients’ business requirements.ProCoDe Spectrum:
Meteorite has developed a detailed product road map with comprehensive service offering for each constituent. The core emphasis is on collaborative end-to-end process cycle, which leverages upon joint learning curves, while providing greater flexibility, cost advantages, and compressed time to market benefits. While certain elements of the product road map are initially more amenable for outsourcing, Meteorite can collaborate with clients for end-to-end product services.
Meteorite helps ISVs spend smarter and reap results better by strategically leveraging a global delivery model for product services to achieve the benefits of:
- Innovative product development methodologies to visualize prototype, design and construct a software application
- Reduced product development costs through offshore development and gain a winning edge against competition
- Greater bandwidth to simultaneously develop multiple versions of products, or to include greater functionality at tighter deadlines
- Faster products to market advantage by leveraging upon our 24×7 time zone coverage
- Extending products to new technology platforms
- Establishing dedicated offshore development centers and enabling our clients focus on their core business
- Building offshore capability within the client organization
- Enabling the client to develop process mastery
- Promoting innovation
- Providing complete control and transparency
Whatever the needs and timelines be, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) can trust Meteorite to deliver measurable success through product services.